Location: VT (winter) ME (Summer)
Registered: January 2008
Re: Lay-flat options for the Guide
Fri, 22 February 2008 18:44
I just typed a long reply in support of this idea then lost it :-( Lucky you! Here is the short version :-)
It's a great idea with numerous advantages:
1. Lay flat
2. Updateable with replacement pages delivered over the net.
3. Allows user to add pages with notes and maplets.
4. Allows you to provide replacement pages for those damaged to registered owners
5. Allows for two user supplied binders. On deck would contain only local area of interest, the rest could be in the archive binder below decks.
1. Print on waterproof paper. In addition it's stronger and less likely to tear out. Users can also get the paper if they wish. Google waterproof paper to find the source. ( I tried to copy the URL but failed)
2. Consider how formating might be different to accommodate the advantages.